Monday, November 01, 2004

NaNoWriMo Month

I started a new blog to do my NaNoWriMo novel (National Novel Writing Month) in. We'll see how it goes. Last year I didn't find out about it until half the month was already gone, so I didn't really get too far. I'd like to finish one this time. The tough part was following the rules and starting a completely new novel when I've got like 4 partly completed ones sitting around. But I'm nothing if not a a stickler for rules, so here goes a new one: Splittsville. I'd actually had the idea for it a couple of weeks ago when I was looking at a billboard for a new bowling place called Splittsville. It's got nothing to do with bowling though. It's about a girl who's always breaking up with guys until she starts dating this guy who won't take goodbye for an answer. Not exactly my normal writing stuff, but I want to at least use this to get in the habit of writing consistently again.

And I'm not going to go back and edit or do any of the things I normally do. I'm not even going to type it into Word. I'm just going to directly blog it. Sheer word count baby.

We'll see.

Lots of other stuff has happened since I last wrote....
  • Pam decided that her problem isn't that she's co-dependent on guys and can't break up with anyone without stalking them, but that her family is the real reason she suffers from depression. She no longer wants to speak with us. Well, ok. I'm trying not to sound bitter and to see things from her side, but it's hard to do. She's right when she says I don't understand. I don't. I'd really like to, but I don't. I know she's not trying to be hurtful and she's doing what she can but sheesh. I dunno.
  • We went to Chicago and had a great meal at Tru and a general good time. I'm still not big on Fright Fest type of things. Roller coasters just make me ill, but all in all it was a good trip, except for the bar fight that I thought for sure Sherri was going to get us in. At the Holiday Inn bar, for heaven's sake.
  • More FMP's (forced management something or other, i.e. layoffs) at work. Constant. Probably another one in December. Lots of rumors too.
  • Yesterday we ripped out the carpet (and the underlying vinyl tile we found underneath it) and installed the new Legato carpet squares while fielding trick-or-treaters. Yay! No more cat piss smell!
  • Our receiver seems to have died, so we have no sound. That'll mess up the Big Night party this Saturday. Hard to watch a DVD with no sound.
That covers most things. Been busy and tired. And now I'm writing a novel in one month!

No comments: