Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Weird Dreams...

Well, Thanksgiving week went pretty well. Got some stuff done around the house and spent some quality time with Mom & Watson, though I'm completely worn out now. Saturday we tried to go to Cafe Ponte with Betsy & Craig for the jazz...sadly, they had an oldies band instead. Now, when I say 'oldies' you might be thinking something along the lines of the Beatles, or Sinatra. I don't know what the heck these people were singing, but the band themselves were geriatric. The woman even had some kind of huge blue peacock feather in her hair. It was incredibly bad. A waiter sees us turn around and goes "Where are you going?" and Betsy's harried reply - "We came for the music, but no thanks!" We wound up at Ringside Cafe. It was ok. Though there was a fashion victim there. People with pot bellies should NOT wear fluffy pink shirts and pleated jeans skirts. Actually, pretty much no one over the age of 12 should wear a pleated jeans skirt.

Monday we told the team I was leaving. It was both good and bad. Everyone was shocked. Then we had our team lunch. I picked up the tab -- likely my last bit of largesse before I becoming a starving artist. Then all the managers went to dinner. We wound up going to Roy's, which is always a good place.

I will miss the people, but I'm so ready to GO.

Last night I had the most bizarre dream. I think it would make an excellent sci fi story, if I could work out some of the dream weirdness. Cloning, a war, mixed up brainwashing stuff...

Tonight is pottery class. Hopefully glazing some stuff.

Tony still hasn't heard about the job in KY. Yeeks, I wish they'd just hurry up and tell him. It's driving us both nuts.

No comments: