Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Don't real writers do this?

Today I'm hanging out at Highland's Coffee Shop on 4th Street. Got my laptop and my chai latte tea and my notes. So far I've just done a bit of work on the YA site, but next up is working on an actual article. hoo-boy. Feels kind of like what you're supposed to do, huh?

Once we're in the house, I'll probably be doing this at the Old Louisville Coffee House, since it's much closer (Oak & Hill) or maybe at the library sometimes (only problem is no chai tea there...) or even up here, if I were planning to meet with Tony. It would be a bit of a walk, but need to get out and walk anyway. It's my only real form of exercise right now.

I'm a little freaked out about the whole writing articles thing and freelancing. My resume doesn't look bad, but way down deep inside me I feel like a total fraud. I don't know how to do this. I'm just winging it. I know that's what everyone's doing, but I don't know how well I can fake it. Hopefully it will be like my drinking capacity...no one ever knows when I'm drunk. Maybe everyone will really think I am a professional writer. That's how it happens. You just need people to believe.

I'm still looking for a writing group. I'd seen two ads in the Leo with meetings at the Old Louisville Coffee House, but I e-mailed the one lady and she said the group is now defunct (and was kind of sucky anyway). I'm missing Pinawor. It was a good group. Professional, even the people that weren't published.

I need to work on my book too, but I think I'll start that after I get at least 10 pending queries out. Gotta show some income...

No comments: