Monday, February 14, 2005

Finally an update to this blog...

I haven't been writing in here since Tony and I started a new blog: The Pauley's Go to Louisville. Probably no one else gets it, but that's a take at Paul Curtis' book The Watsons Go to Birmingham. I guess I'm obscure.

That blog is going pretty well. I didn't think Tony'd really be into it, but it was actually his idea. And everyone seems to like it. I don't have this one linked to it or anything, since I want to keep this one pretty private.

All of the moving stuff is going well. The cats right now are some of my biggest stress. After Grace peed in the bed the first night (arguably completely whacked out from the pills we'd given her for the drive up), Tony is ready to get rid of them the next time an "accident" happens. And I do understand that. I'm sick of cat pee too. I'm sick of always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I just have one big problem -- I'm not sure which cat is the culprit and I don't want to get rid of the one that isn't the problem. I don't want to be a disposable pet owner. We made a commitment when we adopted them, but I also don't want to ruin a marriage over a cat, even cats that are my "babies" (though I'm not like those people with the teeny dogs, they are just ridiculous).

At any rate, when we got back last night from packing up the house, I noticed that the bath rug in Tony's bathroom had a stain that looked suspiciously like cat pee. But herein is the dilemna again -- did it happen that first night or was it new? I didn't notice it before, but it was in a shadow and it looked a little old. Are they being bad now or was it just that first night? So I'm keeping an eye on the rugs now. Even the bed smelled a little funky when we got back, but then the whole apartment did. I got some febreeze to freshen things up. The smoke from all the neighbors is getting everywhere.

I wish I had a little spy camera so I could catch whoever it was in the act, though I'd be much happier if they just behaved. We've been keeping the litterbox very clean. I don't know what else we can do. I've tried feliway, multiple boxes (made no difference, they didn't even hardly use the 2nd one), different litter, different food, everything that all the sites out on the Internet say to try. Hooded litterbox, unhooded litterbox. I'm just tired of it all.

No comments: