Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Internet Blackhole

Tony keeps saying how concerned he is that I not get completely cut off from people while working at home (or coffee shops, for that matter). Generally, it isn't an issue. I kind of like being alone. But lately I feel like I've fallen into some kind of Internet Black Hole where I send things out into the ether and no one responds. I'm not talking about this blog as I don't think anyone is reading it anyway -- how would they even find it. I mean things like e-mail. There was a writer lady I found in town and we were chatting along via e-mail famously for a few days, but then nothing to my last two e-mails. It starts you wondering whether a) did I say something wrong? or b) do I have the equivalent of smelly e-mail? It could be nothing, but who knows.

And part of it, I guess, is that I'm here all day long on the Internet, while most poor schmos only log on every now and again. I probably should try and cultivate that type of attitude myself...

Anyway, I guess I ought to get back to my book. I'm trying to flesh out character descriptions today.

No comments: