Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Old notes

I was changing purses to one I hadn't used in over 3 years, based on what was inside, and I found a few slips of mystery paper with some scribbled notes. One looks to be a list of bands that I guess I wanted to buy some songs of:
  • Psychedelic Furs
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Van Halen
  • Smothers Brothers
  • New Order
  • Everlast
  • Dream Academy
  • Big Country
  • Europe
  • Flock of Seagulls
  • ThompsonTwins
  • Yaz
  • Fiona Apple
  • Ever After
  • Enya
  • Red Hot Chilipeppers
  • Nirvana
  • XTC
  • INXS
  • Lenny Kravitz

Not a whole lot in common between those groups, though a fair number are from the 80's. Some of it I do own and some I still don't have.

The other thing must have been a story note...

They were expecting a boy. Athletic, tall, and tan, perhaps with grey-blue eyes, like my father. Someone driven by the fifty-yard line, a grasp like steel, plodding effortlessly through life. Someone without hesitation and fear. "No Fear Here! That's my boy!" Someone...not like me.

Not sure what I was thinking about, but interesting tidbit to keep. I find these things all the time. I've got more story ideas than I know what to do with. Which, I guess, is a better problem to have than the opposite.

No comments: