Monday, April 11, 2005

A strange dream

I had an interesting dream the other night. I tend to have dreams that run along rather like major motion pictures - dreams I'm not even in. This one had to do with an alien race caught up in a major intergalactic battle. Some interesting characters in it -- I'll have to write down notes on what I "saw."

If I'm lucky, I'll be like Holly Lisle and turn my dreams into books. She's got a great web site actually, with lots of articles and resources for writers. It's interesting how much info she'll put out there, even down to where she is in her work in progress. Forward Motion is the section she has for writers, though I think someone else runs it now. That's what it's all about, after all...keeping things in motion. Not stopping once you start. Shoot, getting started...

Today my goal is to type up the bits of my novel I had written out in longhand and see where I am wordcount wise. Maybe I really should have picked up one of my existing novels (i.e. one that I'd worked on more) instead of starting up a new one, but there's something about this one that makes me feel like it's time is right. It's a little chick-lit-ish with a lot of humor and a different twist on the whole vampire thing. And yeah, before you groan and go "Another vampire story! Ugh!", this really is a completely different take. Almost a spoof.

Other than that, I've got a few ideas for the LEO that I need to write up and get out. I did call the other guy back and left him a message that I couldn't cover the Prospect area. We even drove out that way this weekend and it's way the heck out there. Just not practical.

So, more updates later. Maybe I'll start putting word counts in here to keep myself pumped up.

No comments: