Friday, April 15, 2005

Today was a good day...

I didn't have to use my AK...

Okay, I'm not a gangsta rapper. But today was a much better writing day. WIP went from 1623 to 2394 (771 words, 47606 to goal). And I spent some research time at the library, learning more than I ever really wanted to know about Victorian sexual obsessions. There's a lot of subtext going on in Bram Stoker's Dracula, let me tell you. I'm not even gonna go there.

At least it wasn't all foreign. I remember a lot of it from Twitchell's class back in college. Amazing that I can still remember stuff from way back then...

At any rate, I really felt like I was getting some stuff done today. My goal is really 1000 words a day, which I didn't quite hit, but that's the way of goals...Research counts too, anyway. It's been so long since I read through the whole Dracula book, I've forgotten a lot of the finer points. All in all, a productive day, especially since I also had lunch with Tony at Manoosh's and went to the chiropractor (I've graduated to leg exercises).

No comments: