Tuesday, June 14, 2005

In the beginning...

Okay, I'm currently at 9860 words. Just putting that in for posterity's sake so I can see where I am at the end of the day. It better be over 10,000...

I'm trying to figure out whether 3 love interests is one too many or not. I'd originally only planned for two, and then this other character pops in with all these interesting possibilities. Do I discard one of my original love interests (would have to be the popular kid from school who she's been crushing on for ever) or try and work them all in? Hmmm. Because you normally have to have some reason why they go for the one they wind up with. Like the crush turns out to be totally stuck on themselves (which is how the character Aubrey will be) or just a total jerk. I hadn't really developed the bit with Nathan yet, but then, what about all the stuff I was going to work in with the school project? I almost think I have to keep him because of that. Argh.

That probably makes no sense whatsoever to anyone else. But that's ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's the aborted love interest. He seems fantastic and exciting and... it turns out that he's not really that interesting once she goes out with him? A nice, transitional love interest to keep the action moving. Just a thought!