Thursday, July 21, 2005

Approaching 30K...

I had to get up last night around 1 AM to jot down a bunch of notes for the book. Just writing up those bits will definitely take me past the next big mark...30 thousand. I think I might change my MO a little bit. I've been pretty much going straight through from point A to point B and so on. I think I might go ahead and write up all the disconnected bits that I've got sitting and waiting and then string them together later. That's more like how I normally write, in some ways. I'm just afraid to wait much longer on some of them. I don't want to forget the stuff lurking around in my head.

It's hard to judge how much I really have left and whether I'm going to hit the 50K mark or go well beyond it. Sometimes I think something will be a short scene and then it turns into pages and pages. And vice versa. Of course, I haven't gone through the fine tuning steps yet, so who knows what I'll end up with.

1 comment:

Susan Taylor Brown said...

You are booking! Congrats on making such continued progress.