Friday, July 08, 2005

Getting into Gear

I got a late start today and I've got a HUGE list of to-do's. Gotta get my butt in gear. (digression: how exactly would one put a hypothetical posterior 'in gear' anyway?)
  • Clean up office
  • Laundry
  • Get allergy shots
  • Go to store and get cat food
  • Feed cats before they drive me insane
  • Programming and DB changes to support new Kid's Book section of the site (not going to be quite as easy as I thought before, sadly)
  • Add new reviewer's info to About This Site page
  • Contact publishers
  • Call Window Ninjas and reschedule
  • Take out the trash
  • Make the bed
  • Empty the dishwasher
  • Remember to eat something
  • Write, write, write

That's mostly it. There are some other things that I also need to do, but that's a start. I think I'm going to cheat a little on the new query I have to do for the site and take the cheater way out. It won't be perfect, but my skills are really rusty. And I don't feel like asking someone from my old team to help out. Heh, I'm not their manager anymore. Thank goodness. This is much more the life for me. I was meant to be a bohemian (albeit not an absinthe drinking one) typing away frantically as inspiration hits. Not that they weren't a great team. They were. I'm just w-a-y over inter-office politics and corporate shenanigans. Some people enjoy that stuff. I don't. Anyway, gotta run and get that butt in gear. Somehow.

1 comment:

Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

It didn't take me long to get over that corporate politics, decision-by-committee thing either. It took me oh...about a week...to realize this was the life for me too. I really don't think I could ever handle the stress caused by the whip-everyone-into-a-frenzy-and-do-it-now mentality again.