Friday, July 15, 2005

My brain is a wasteland

I can't believe how much I've forgotten. I used to be a programmer. Not a great one, but decent. I was always better at planning than implementing, but I could get through things. I built my site pretty much by myself, except for a few pieces I had some help on. But now, I can't remember a darn thing. I feel like I've forgotten more than I ever knew. I'm having trouble with a simple (!) little form change that I just can't get to work and I can't see what the heck is wrong with it. GRRRR

Anywho.

Up to 26,916 words. I'll hopefully get some writing in this afternoon, but right now I have to go clean house like a mad woman. Mom & Co. are getting here about 6:30ish and I've got a 3 story place to get sparkling. Just like me...leave it to the last possible minute.

Hmmmm, you know, that's what I need. An agent to see my unfinished book and go, "I can sell it, I just need you to finish it by Thursday." and I bet I'd get it done by then too. Might not be sleeping, but I'd get it done. I once wrote up 60 pages of journal entries in one night that I'd been putting off over a whole semester...why, because they were due the next day at 8 AM. Start time...8 PM the night before. Good thing I type fast.

Really, I'm not a total slacker. I'm just all too human.

Well, off to scrub I go.

No comments: