I was all excited yesterday when I realized that my Google advertising $$ looked like it would hit $40 this month (for the month). That may not seem like much, but that would cover the monthly hosting cost. I was thinking, oh, heck yeah, maybe the site would even make money for once! But I got way ahead of myself. I added up current year expenses to date and added in the income made so far, and I'm negative $515.67 as of today. Actually, a bit more than that, since I haven't downloaded the latest credit card transactions. Hmmmm. Perhaps I ought not to share this number with my long-suffering husband... Just kidding. He's always been great about it. Poor guy.
It's hard to believe how fast the expenses add up (hosting, domain registration, postage for books, Delphi fee, etc., etc.). Sigh. Hopefully the Google stuff will go up even more and I'll figure out some other ways to make the site profitable.
Anyway, off to do some more house cleaning and then, by hook or crook, I'm going to finish that darn double date chapter.