Thursday, July 14, 2005

That planning thing again

Turns out it was another full up day at the Dr.'s office. I sat on the floor so this one-legged guy could have my seat. Dr. Davis needs a larger office or less patients. Something. So the news is that a) I'm doing better, b) I'm to stay on the pills another month, c) but it's okay for me to drink a little wine every now and again. So that's something.

Between the long wait, getting slightly lost while looking for the bank (drove right on by it, la la la), and waiting for my prescriptions, I didn't get home until well after 2, probably closer to 3. Oh well. The best laid plans and all that.

But I am up to 26,118 words. And a slight dilemmna. Serena had a bright idea about George as they're eating lunch in the cafeteria with him, but I don't know what it is. Hopefully it will come to me before tomorrow. I've got to be throwing him in the mix more, esp. as some kind of nice guy savior, since he's the one Mina will ultimately wind up with. The only thing I've come up with so far is a double date with Nathan, George, Serena and Mina -- but Mina thinks she's there with Nathan and Nathan thinks he's there with Serena. That might work. Since Nathan and Serena are going to wind up together. But maybe something else will come to me.

1,000 or so words in a sitting seems to be about my limit (I know, I know, I shouldn't think about limits). That's about how much I seem to hold in my head comfortably before I have to stop and think awhile. Kind of weird.

I did digress a little yesterday though. Bad me. I put 250 words into the first chapter of the next book. At least it's the same series. I felt like I needed to get it down before I'd forget it. No telling how many snippets of things I've lost over the years.

4 comments:

Susan Taylor Brown said...

Yeah on the writing progress but I have to laugh about putting 250 words into the next book. I keep doing that and I have half a dozen next books waiting to be written while the current one doesn't get finished. Oops.

liraelwiddershins said...

I know! I'm awful! Repeat to self 50 times: I will not start anything else. I will not start anything else...

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when the characters declare they know something *terribly* important, but decide you don't need to know it? Charming little creatures, characters are. I bet they put their feet on the kitchen table when nobody's looking.

And don't fret about 1000 words in a sitting! That's how I wrote my first two books- I had to write 1000 words a day- more if I wanted to, but absolutely no less. That's exactly how many words I wrote per day, too, until I got to the last bit of rising action and climax. I bet you pick up some extra words right toward the end.

Which you're rapidly approaching!! You're more than half done! Go you!

liraelwiddershins said...

Not only do they put their feet where they don't belong, I bet they also drink milk straight out of the fridge and never, ever pick a towel up off of the floor.