Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Butane in my veins

Reading: Zipped
Listening: Nothing. I'm trying to be quiet.
Channeling: Beck

I'm up. I don't know why. I'm sleepy, but I just can't get to sleep. The keyboard sounds incredibly loud here in the dark, but hopefully the doors being closed to the office will be enough not to wake Tony up. I need to get one of those soft key types or something. I'd turn on my laptop, but I don't know how to turn off the sound ahead of time...and hearing the very stirring Windows theme song would be sure to wake anyone. So old desktop and noisy keyboard it is.

Note to self: never go shopping with Tony again. He's just not good at it. It's like that saying about leading a horse to water...or maybe it's the one about trying to teach a dog to fish. Whichever, it ends up being a waste of time and annoying someone. In this case, both of us.

I wish I could turn my brain off. I've been just laying there in bed thinking about all of the things I'd like to get done tomorrow. How do guys do it? How do you just shut down as soon as you hit a pillow?

Addendum... 1:18 AM

I just took the Archie McPhee Nerd Test. Oh man. I score higher than Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. The only one listed that I scored less than is Dilbert. I don't think that can be right. I'm not a Trekkie. Or Trekker or whatever.

Your score is: 549

Your rating is: 117.56%

Additional Scoring Information: Sorry, you lost 1 point because you are using a Windows machine.

No comments: