Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A plantin' away

Listening: XTC, Dear God
Reading: Dunno by Peter Inson

Wow, I've actually had a pretty productive day today. Whoo-Hoo! That's two in a row! Maybe it's the start of something new.

I planted the spring bulbs in the front yard today. Hopefully they come up. It's an assortment of yellow crocuses and something-or-other else. All yellow. Grace gave me a scare while I was planting them. When I went to get the watering can, she disappeared back behind the building next door and, snarky thing that she is, wouldn't answer when I called for her. Just as I was thinking to myself "Geez, how can you lose a cat that big??" she wandered back around. Oh, were you looking for me?

Then I got some e-mailing done, notified the winners of the Chris Crutcher contest, and made two curtains for the kitchen. Now I just need to make the top cafe curtains and the kitchen will be done. They came out pretty good. I tried something new -- used a ribbon as the rod holder. Maybe I'll take a picture after the top half is done (we've got really big windows).

I've forgotten half of what I did yesterday, but I do remember that I worked on my revisions, cleaned out the fridge, and washed all the bedclothes. There was something else, I think, but heck if I know what it was.

I'm now happy with chapters one and two. Three I'm still mixing and matching.

Listening: Paula Cole, Hush, Hush, Hush

Tomorrow -- Post Office and lunch with Tony. Other than that, I don't know. Maybe the rest of the kitchen curtains. Maybe a coffeehouse trip. Maybe I'll finish knitting that scarf....maybe I'll just sleep.

No comments: