Friday, December 23, 2005

Up Late...and I ain't no Taco Bell

I've always been a night person. It's like my brain switches on sometime around midnight and doesn't want to shut up. "Go to sleep," I tell it. "We have to get up in the morning, for heaven's sake. And where've you been all day, anyway?" And my brain doesn't just sit down and shut up and go to sleep like a nice brain. Noooo, it has to think about everything from quantum mechanics, to things I need to update on the site, to wondering how bread was discovered, to...well, you get the idea.

Sleep, sleep, damn brain! Perchance to dream.

I'm mixing my Shakespeare there, but what the hey.

If I wasn't married, I'd probably stay up all night and sleep all morning. I'm always sleepy in the morning, even right after I wake up. Part of that is the medication, but part of it is just because my brain wants to sleep in the A.M.

Bright light! Must. close. eyes. Oh! Blessed Sleep!

Sigh. I should just work on something, but I don't want to actually encourage my blasted mind to stay awake. I did update the website some -- added additional info to the YABC Teen Reviewer application page. I'm not sure if it is a good idea or not, but I thought it would be fun. I mean, how crazy could they be? Heh. Don't answer that.

No, really, I have a lot of fun with the kids who frequent the site. So hopefully this will work out. And it's a kind of sneaky way to dip into my to-be-reviewed stack. This year has been an explosion of books. Everyone is sending them and I really can't keep up. I think there are over 500 on my to-review shelves.

You know what, I'm going to count and see. Maybe that will be brain numbing enough for me to go to sleep.

No comments: