Friday, March 17, 2006

Insidious

I have no quotes or quips today. I'm just tired. I'm not even sure why I'm posting. I have nothing to say.

I did learn that queasiness and nightmares are "expected" side effects from coming off of the evil pill. Yeesh. Who are these people that develop these drugs? Eh??

Actually, they listed about 15 or 20 side effects you might have when coming off this particular pill and I hit ALL OF THEM. I always have been an overachiever, I guess.

I'm getting somewhat organized in my 3rd floor office/project space (as opposed to my 2nd floor "neat" office space where only semi-quiet thinking and letter writing take place). I bought a bunch of bins to hide...er, store things in, but I think I need to pick up a few more or get rid of a lot of stuff. I'm sure Tony would vote for "get rid of" but that just wouldn't be me. I learned at the hands of a master. I don't think my mother throws anything away.

Anyway, I submitted some poetry to two different magazines tonight. Was thinking about submitting a short story...not sure. It's a strange piece, but I like it. I'd even toyed with turning it into a novel (and my last writing group really liked it), but it's just really...weird. No other word for it. And not a YA piece either. I dunno. For now I'll sit on it.

Next step on ze book...a little more clean up (got a ms crit back), a title change, and then off to see the Wizards at Mirrorstone. Well, actually, I guess I need to write up a synopsis too.

Which, of course, means I first need to look up exactly what is supposed to be in a synopsis...hadn't had to write one yet, so it will be my first. I'm assuming it's a chapter by chapter break down...or maybe just a wordier description. Hmmmm....google here I come.

No comments: