Sunday, April 09, 2006

Some projects finished...

I have other stuff to post about, but I've also got some finished projects to post... I finally found an antique wrought iron bench for the bathroom. I re-upholstered it in the same fabric I made the curtains out of and added some fringe for a frou-frou affect. I think it came out pretty good. :-)
Next up...a purse I actually finished knitting a while back but just now finished putting in a lining and the frog closure. I'd gotten the yarn (which is made from the silk of reclaimed saris) from an estate sale for about 1/2 the price of what it would have normally cost. It's really colorful. The picture doesn't really do it justice, I don't think. I made the strap long enough I could put it over my head and carry it that way. I'll feel all bohemian...
And here's a purse I knit for my niece. I just need to mail it to her. It's knit out of a chenille yarn. There's a bit of a pattern on the front, but the rest of it is just plain knit. I made the flap kind of triangular, made a tassle thing-y for it and added a little bauble (shell) hanging on it. I like how it came out. I hope Rachael likes it too. I heard she was a little miffed because I hadn't made her a scarf too, but it was only because I was planning on making her a purse.

No comments: