Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ye Gods

I saw this referenced in the Absolute Write Newsletter under the moniker "Most Clueless Non-Writer of the Week" and they were surely not kidding at all. I am apalled. Aghast. Doubled over in laughter.

Ebay Link to auction for MY 3 ORIGINAL MOVIE IDEAS ---BIG BOX OFFICE POTENTIAL

Snip from the listing, which thankfully no one bidded on (to preserve it for posterity, since Ebay only keeps listing info for a set period of time...spelling/grammar issues are the lister's own...):

I am not a professional writer. I am a huge movie buff and know enough to know a great movie. These ideas cannot be detailed here for obvious reasons.

The first two ideas are Family type movies (bigger bugdet types). The last one is a very unique adult action comedy (small budget to shoot),thats smart and original with a great twist.unlike some of the crap that gets made anymore (snakes on a plane?who's getting fired over this one).

If you win the bidding I will meet in person and detail all three movies and you can choose (or buy the others). These ideas are mine and never been pitched to any one before,and have never been made into a movie. I live in Philadelphia and have NO connections in the movie business so I am pimping my ideas here. Please help.

Now, I know that the movie "bidness" is a hard one to break into and that many people are overcome with delusions of grandeur but...come on! Is this guy insane?

No comments: