Monday, June 05, 2006

Bath Time

I gave Harley and Grace a bath today. Harley took it surprisingly well -- maybe he knew he was starting to smell. Grace didn't even struggle too much -- but she kept up a steady meowwrrr the whole time to let me know she was not at all into this whole getting clean thing.

They still smell like wet cat. What's with that smell? How do all cats smell the same when wet? The same with dog -- anyone can identify wet dog smell. At least wet cat is slightly better than wet dog.

Trying to cross stuff off my list in preparation for our trip. At least we don't have to worry about the house -- Tony's mom will be here and Lisa Casey will be coming in to take care of the kitties. And, of course, I'm sure Rich & Bob will keep an eye out for us.

Now I'm just trying to find clothes to pack that won't make me look too sausage-like. I don't know what it is about moving North, but both of us have been battling the bulge a bit. This past weekend's walk around the Bernhein was nice; we'll have to try and do that more often. Maybe even get some bikes. Perhaps a tandem. I have as much trouble keeping up with Tony on a bike as I do running -- his legs must be at least a foot longer than mine.

No comments: