Tuesday, August 29, 2006

3 1/2 weeks

I called the Dr. today and told them I've given the pill the three weeks (and more) they said to try it out with and they've got to give me something else. The nausea and headaches have just been...awful. This has been one of the worst times in my life. That sounds strange, considering other things that have happened, but this has just been agony. My time has ranged from the low-level "Ugh, I feel kinda ooky" to the "If I move, I'm going to puke." I have no idea what I would have done if I had a regular job. As it is, I'm behind on everything.

So they're calling me in something else with lower hormone levels. I hope it works. I can't do this anymore. As I sit here, I've got the pounding headache and the "I really just want to lay down for a while" blues. I managed a cereal bar today. I've never been told so many times that "Gee, you look green." Poor Kermit. I feel for him now like never before.

The real bummer is that yesterday was our 15th anniversary -- the "being together" one, not the wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe sometimes that we've been together that long. A few more years and we'll have been together longer than we were alive separately. Did that make sense? We met when we were 18, my first day of college. I had a nice night planned out last night, but it didn't happen. At least we watched a romantic movie -- Shall We Dance.

I'd originally rented it through Netflix and liked it so much that I actually bought a copy (on a rare day when I could venture out with Tony and not get sick in the car). Great soundtrack too. I've got it playing now. It makes me a little happier and I could use that.

Gah, I think I'm going to go throw up again.

No comments: