Friday, December 15, 2006

Super Freaky

I started a new book last night. Not that I wanted to start anything before we moved or that I have time to think about it, but I had some bits I had to get down on paper. Or screen. Whatever. Wound up writing 1,600 words between about 1:30 AM and 3:00 AM. Kinda like it.

It originally started out as an idea for what I could do to change my little vampire book into something that didn't have vampires in it, but I think I like it better as an idea just on its own. It's actually Dan Ehrenhaft's fault I started it. ;-) He'd emailed me about how it was going, etc., and that got me started thinking about this idea I'd had, etc....

Anyway, I think I like it. Will probably do some exercises around it to flesh out the characters a bit. Maybe think about some names, since I just trolled through my playlist to get some (so there's a Nick as in Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and a Nina ala Nina Sky).

Don't really want to put too much down about it since I'm not sure where its headed -- it could go a few different ways.

No comments: