Tuesday, March 20, 2007

blogerator

I keep debating about starting up a new blog -- a private one. Blogger has that feature now where you can block your blog or just allow only certain people to view it (they have to log on). Sometimes there are things I want to kvetch about and I don't really want to do it in a public place. Sometimes I'll write about them in my offline journal -- a real, honest-to-goodness diary. But I never remember to write happy stuff in it, so then it just winds up being a really depressing thing to thumb through. I dunno.

I think I am going to start a new blog for our move to Chicago though. Kind of like what we did with our Louisville blog. It was really handy -- people/family could keep up with what we were up to and we could use it as a reference to all the places we'd discovered. I had been thinking about just adding that stuff to this blog, but it doesn't really go somehow. I can move the few entries that I made about restaurants to the new blog.

Esp. since I want to be more structured and consistent with my writing once we move. This is kind of my writing / hopes / dreams / fears blog. Maybe I'll go really crazy and post my word totals for the day. Then people can yell at me when I don't write. heh.

Yikes. Kind of crazy, isn't it? Maybe I should just go back to the whole paper & pen thing and not worry about keeping this stuff online at all.

4 comments:

Pamela Wisniewski said...

But then I would have no idea what you were up to or when Tony was out of town. I have a paper journal too. It usually ends up being my desperate prayers for things to turn out okay.

Pamela Wisniewski said...

How do you make the edges all blurry in the photos? I used to know how to do it in Photoshop, but then I forgot.

liraelwiddershins said...

Oh, I'd still keep this one. Just put the really angry stuff somewhere else.

I sent you an email too, but here it is...

1. Select an area of the image using either the square or oval select tool. Make sure it is away from the edge.

2. Select > Feather. The higher the number, the more the blur. I used a 9.

3. Select > Inverse.

4. Delete. (the background color will be what winds up behind the blur...you usually want white there, unless you're putting it on a colored background)

That's it!

Pamela Wisniewski said...

Happy moving day!