Monday, February 09, 2015

Moving On

I really love walking around the city. I love the sound of my footsteps on the pavement, which I can just hear over whatever music I'm playing on my iPhone. Headphones in, beat of the music, beat of boot heels, keeping time, swoosh of the cars going by, wind that goes whipping around building corners, blowing my hair in my eyes, strands stuck to my lipstick. It's a beautiful thing.

I love the people watching. So many strangers. Actually, that's it. I love strangers. Each one is a story, an unopened book that I'll never get to read. I can take a guess from the cover what the story is about, but it will always be a mystery.

Have been trying to wear more makeup. Have still been watching too much anime and reading too much manga. I know me, this is my manic assimilation phase where I dive in and can't help myself. Even though I know I should. The worst thing about being a fast reader is that I think, oh, it won't be that much longer...I can finish...and then it's 1 AM and I'm dead the next day. As they say, I'm too old for this shit.

I'm still finding myself surprised at how good and how varied a lot of the anime/manga is. I should know better. People make fun of YA books, the whole "oh but when are you going to write a real book" but there's some amazing YA out there. And all anime/manga aren't just totally full of boobs. And some of them have some real depth.

Of course, there's also the ones where I watch about 10 minutes and go AGH I NEED TO BLEACH MY EYEBALLS AND MY BRAIN THIS IS SO STUPID I JUST GOT STUPIDER WATCHING THIS.

But some of them are really beautiful. Just started one this morning called Chihayafuru (which I have no idea what that means, other than I think it's the main characters name + something). Very sweetly animated. Slice of life kind of thing.

And I also have my sappy romantic side. Enjoyed Ouran High School Host Club. Maid Sama. Anyway. Enough about that.

Time to get back to work.

No comments: