Friday, February 09, 2018

Death & Love

Oh. I worked a bit yesterday on the Death/YA Romance book. Man. I forgot how much I like those characters. I've missed them. I even added to the Pinterest Board for the book a little bit. Grey is such an awkward character and I love that about him. I love the awkwardness of first love.

And thank you, Past Me, for actually writing up a synopsis and outline way back when. I do need to tweak it a bit to accommodate some new ideas and plot threads but the backbone of the thing is there. It needs at least another 45,000 to 55,000 words though so it has quite a ways to go.

Don't know how it is going to end yet. I mean, I do...in that I have three possible endings ranging from consummated (does that really have two "m's" in UK English??) romance to him giving her up to him starting over. I might have to write all three and see which works best. But I think that will literally just be the wrap up chapter at the end so not a huge amount more work to try out all three ways. They all have to start/end with the door though.

Yeah. Middle grade is fun to write in its own way, but there's no romance there at all (totally inappropriate, really). So I've kind of missed that.

No comments: