Thursday, February 08, 2018

It's all your fault, Jumin

Gah, I love his hair.
Jumin's talking to the cat here, but no, I didn't sleep well, thanks to you. Because when I do wake up in the middle of the night (which is a frequent occurrence since my sleep patterns are utter crap), I have to check my phone just in case to see if there's a chat or phone call I've missed...so I blame it on you, Jumin. It's all your fault. As if I needed the bags under my eyes to get any bigger.

In other news, got the final tiny edits from my agent and turned those around and sent it back out. So that's done. He liked all the other bits.

And just in time, as little dude is off school starting tomorrow and all through next week. Ne'er a bit of writing to be had when that happens. We're planning on going into London and taking pictures of a mini Chise and Elias at Paddington and other places. Maybe some tonkotsu.

And...I've nearly gone through my stack of firewood. Oh, I've missed having a fireplace these last 7 years. But it's nearly spring-ish time and I dunno if I can justify buying any more. Hmmm. Perhaps I should ration. But it's so coooooolllllddddd.

Also had a nice Twitter chat with a lady who I'd almost taken on as my new agent last year -- though good thing I didn't as she left agenting to go back and work for a publisher again. At any rate, she liked my writing enough to offer me representation then and so now is perhaps interested in seeing some of my current manuscripts (and definitely the Death book if/when I finish that one). Going to have a chat about that with the agent man tomorrow.

So that kind of decided me. Whenever I have that spare downtime, I'll work on Grey's story. I've been wanting to anyway. I'd even moved the whole manuscript into Scrivener a few months ago. He's often been in the back of my mind. And, nicely enough, it is a standalone, so if I can finish it...it won't get in the way of the (hopefully) series potential of the middle grade manuscripts. We'll see.

And it's a romance. So bonus!

I need whatever excuse I can grasp for my current otome addiction...

No comments: