Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Okonomiyaki

Went into Central London today because I was going a bit stir crazy (hate hate hate waiting to hear back on edits...working on things is fine...waiting is torture) and needed to walk the streets. I didn't even bother bringing my laptop, which I normally would do. It was purely a mental break. Wound up wandering around Chinatown and Soho and eating okonomiyaki. Had a drink I'd never had before -- calpico/calpis (a sort of thin yogurt drink that's slightly sour but also sweet -- served warm with a maraschino cherry at the bottom like a hidden surprise) and miso soup and some kind of pickled carrot thing. The Japanese do like their pickled things.

I did sort of have an excuse for my wander. I had to return a book at Foyle's.

Mostly I just walked and listened to music. That's my favourite thing to do in the city.

Tomorrow will hopefully hear back about the last changes Dear Agent wants.

There was something I wanted to talk about here but I've lost it. Lost the thread of whatever tenuous thought I had.

Perhaps that's because little dude is home and he hasn't stopped talking. Not entirely sure he's even stopping to breath.

No comments: