Friday, March 02, 2018

Snow days & anime

It's a snow day today for the little dude and it's COLD and (obviously) snowing and windy, so we're mostly holed up at home (other than a brief foray out for food). We are huddled up by the fireplace and having an anime/manga/reading day.

We finished Flying Witch yesterday (he had a half day because of snow), which was great and so suitable/appropriate/slice of life/lovely. He already watched all of Recovery of an MMO Junkie (I'd already seen it -- probably my fav of the season and told him it was okay for him to watch) but we re-watched a couple because it's so sweet. We tried the first episode of Kino's Journey, which wasn't at all what either of us expected. We're debating about trying another. I'd previously watched Wagnaria before (the first three, anyway) and we watched the first episode together today. He thought it was hilarious, which I thought he would (though I don't remember what happens in the next ones as it's been a couple of years--so I'll watch those with him just in case). We also watched the latest How to Keep a Mummy. Mii-kun is still the very best. We both want a mummy.

Little Dude is halfway through reading Ouran High School Host Club now. I still have all the books. I'd almost sold them last year to clear up space but I'm glad I didn't. He's really enjoying them. I almost feel like I'm reading them again myself as he keeps having to give me full re-caps each time he finishes a book. It's cute.

In otome-land, I've been casually playing Mystic Messenger as I try to earn enough hourglasses to unlock the rest of Secret 2. Still have about 40 more to go. Sigh. Weirdly (did I already mention this? not sure), I somehow wound up in Yoosung's route. I really don't know how. But as I wasn't actually trying to, I get the feeling I'm very close to the yandere break point (I only did his good ending before). I'm not actively trying for a bad end exactly (I'm NOT picking the answers where I suggest I can be a Rika replacement because, quite frankly, I hate anything to do with Rika) BUT I'm taking it from a character approach of someone who is thinking that Yoosung's sounding awfully possessive for someone she's just met. So we'll see. I can't be too mean to him (I'm too nice) but...I am trying to get hearts from everyone else instead. Curious to see what will happen!

I really thought I'd get Zen though. Huh.

No comments: