Monday, May 14, 2018

Gritty eyes

The hubster had been sick with the man flu for the past week or so and I thought I had escaped it but now I think I'm coming down with it. And he's still a bit sick but off to Phoenix for a week long business trip. Just me and the little dude at home. The weather today is actually beautiful but I am DRAGGING. There's no get up and go in me at all.

I was hoping to join a gym this week (there's one at a local hotel/conference centre that also gives you access to the pool, which little dude would like) but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea or not. My eyes feel gritty and gooey. Nose, slightly runny. Tummy, not entirely copacetic. I don't think I've got it bad as yet, but it's definitely the start of something unpleasant.

And the friend I was thinking I'd meet in London today is busy, so there's no real reason for me to go in...and no motivation to do so. I might take a nap. Kinda feel like I need a nap. It's only 10:30. Urgh.

Anyway. There's been no point to this blog post. So might as well talk about my obsessions, right?

So. I'd been doing Jaehee's route in Mystic Messenger. I'd gotten up to Day 8. I even managed to get on her route without using hourglasses. Whew. Then we had a busy weekend where I couldn't play at all, so I saved, meaning to go back to it. 10 days later, still hadn't done it. Wasn't missing it. Just can't get excited about her (and the "friendship" only option, not that I find her at all attractive but at least there'd be some kind of higher stakes then) and Jumin's such an ass in her route. Opened it yesterday, thinking maybe I'd just pick it up and let it go to a bad end just to get an ending and then go back to the save file and power on through to the good/normal ends. But...omg I'm so not enthused about it. I wish MM had an option where you could just skip through the chats without letting them play through. I don't even really want to read all the ones I missed as I know I'm going to go back and do the route properly anyway. I got through a few of them yesterday, letting them play out, and I guess I'll try again today while I'm writing here. But...meh. I'd rather go back and play Yoosung and that's saying something. I should finish it at this point, though, since I'm so close to the end.

Other than that, continuing on with a number of other otome games and apps. Mostly Ninja Shadow (I know Sanosuke's route is coming soon with a special event, so I'm doing part of Nobu's route knowing that I'll bail in the middle of it to do the event), Love Tangle (still collecting gems for when I do Timo's route...currently working on Dean, who isn't bad), Blood & Roses (Still on Finn...and boy, the "vampire hunter" is SO much better than the witch, though, let's be honest, the writing isn't that strong with this app), Guard Me Sherlock (which I'm not sure why I tried, I guess I was bored...but mostly I'm finding it really annoying for many reasons, some of which I'll write up in a review later), Ikemen Sengoku (got through two of the Nobunaga special event things but have given up on doing more because the glamour requirements stuff is just insane...so now back to Hideyoshi as I'd like to finish his route sometime this century but I keep getting interrupted by special events), and Midnight Cinderella (ditto on the special event things...seriously, they do too many of them...still slowly making my way through Nico's main story. Underwhelmed.). Oh, and Love 365. This month I wasn't able to finish the free one...some story involving a doctor bent on revenge and nothing about it grabbed me. But I actually did do some other bits with my monthly pass. Will write that up later.

Er, that's a lot, huh?  Too much, really. They don't take much time individually but it does add up. Welp. Maybe I'll catch up on the reviews I need to do while I let the MM Jaehee chats play out towards a bad end...

EDIT: Yeesh. So I let all those chats play out. And it wound up as 33% on Day 8, 0% on Day 9, and 9% on Day 10. I thought for SURE I would get a bad end but NO. Even with just 16 guests, I wound up making it through the break point AND the party and got Jaehee's freaking good end. Now I don't know if I should bother going back to read the chats that I just let play through or just leave it. And I don't really have any particular drive to go back and play the last couple of days for real to get, I guess, the normal end. Bleh. Maybe I'll just do the after ending stuff and leave it at that. So annoyed. What do you have to do to get a bad end here???

No comments: