Friday, May 25, 2018

Ouch.

Did I mention that I joined the gym? A sort of fancy one at the local Crowne Plaza. It has a pool I can take the little dude to (and a sauna and steam room and jacuzzi + all the normal gym stuff + classes). The membership comes with 1 personal trainer session a month and 1 spa treatment a month (like a facial or a massage). Shmancy.

Kinda felt like it was a little pricey but when you add in the extras (and discounts on restaurants and stuff, it's actually not bad).

So I did the first personal trainer session on Wednesday.

It's Friday.

Ow.

I mean, hey. I knew I was out of shape. That's why I joined a gym (well, two reasons: lose weight and get healthier). But. Man. I didn't realise exactly how out of shape I was.

I made it through the session (and I am going back to the gym today for a session on the elliptical) but ouchy ow. I hurt so bad. It's kinda ridiculous. Breathing hurts. I am so tempted to skip out today and just mooch around the house feeling my aches and pains and reading something on Love 365. But that's not why I joined. So off I go. After this blog post.

In other news...I've started working on the Death book again. I should probably be fixing up the Yonder manuscript instead, since it's half taken apart after the edits that one publisher requested, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I need to let it sit for a bit. The other MS is out with the editor I like and would love to work with. Hopefully she likes it. It may not be what they are looking for now, but I do think it is a fun book and it has a much easier hook than Yonder.

So, anyway, all that means I thought I'd go back to YA and work on the Death book. Which actually has a tentative title of The Never List.  Who knows if that'll be the final (only two of my books have wound up using my working title as their final title), but I like it. For now. It's better than Death's Door, which is what I'd been using.

I finished re-working the outline and getting the whole thing in Scrivener, since it was just in Word before. Did wind up changing one fundamental thing, though luckily I only have to fix 4 existing scenes. It just radically changed the rest of the original outline. And it has an ending now -- I'd always known that there were three different ways it could end and I finally figured out which one felt right and wrote it up. Well, enough of it, anyway, to get the idea down. Now it's mostly filling in the middle. Which is, of course, the most painful part. But I think it will be okay. One thing I need to do is write a song, though. I was going to use an existing song BUT after the pain of tracking down permissions for just lyric fragments in my fourth book, I ain't never gonna do that again. So I need to write one. I have a start on it, but I'm not really sure about it yet. We'll see.

But, man, I really do like this book. It's my first told from a male POV and it's blatantly romance. Every time I pick it up again I am reminded of why I love these characters. I don't even remember now what gave me the original idea -- maybe the idea of Death having a son? I don't know. But I like it. So I'm gonna work on it. Damn the torpedoes and all that.

Anyway, off to the gym.

No comments: