Sunday, October 21, 2018

Binge-fest

So, I finished Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and wrote up entirely too much on it in some kind of rambling not-quite-a-recap way. I started it on a Tuesday and finished it on Saturday and updated the post, like, ten times or something crazy. I blame it all on Park Hyung Sik.

Bizarrely, you'd think that I must be some kind of TV junkie with as many shows as I've been binge watching lately but I don't normally watch much TV at all. I don't usually ever watch anything during the day and then hubs and I watch 1 or 2 episodes of something a night from Netflix or Amazon Prime after little dude has gone to bed. Not kidding. Usually the TV stays off (or laptop or phone, as the case may be, as I'm watching sometimes on the Viki app).

Kind of scary to think of how many hours I've put into this lately. Before, it would have been books but I've mostly only been reading for research purposes lately. And I've been in the mood for romantic stuff for a while now (hello, otome and now Kdramas...). I did pick up a couple of romance novels, but nothing has grabbed me enough to even finish. I don't often read romances anyway...I have a very low tolerance threshold for throbbing bosoms and heaving manhoods.

My life lacks romance.

And I tend to binge things to distract myself when I am waiting for things to happen. The other shoe to drop. But the agent is due back home now and hopefully, hopefully that means the contract will be finalised and ready to sign soon and then I can shift myself back into "normal" life. I hate waiting. Give me a deadline. I will hit it. I want to get started on this project. Eep.

Meanwhile...eh...what am I going to watch next? Or maybe I should write up something on one of the otome games I'm still playing? I have given up on a few recently.

No comments: