Friday, October 15, 2004

5 Years...and a letter

I guess I officially hit my 5 year mark with the company. They have a "service awards" recognition program. They used to give you a list of things to pick from, like a watch or a frame, etc.

Ha Ha Ha.

So I go to the website to see what I get to pick from. I only have one option. A form letter from Mr. Dave Dorman himself (the guy who takes the multi-million dollar bonuses the same year that no one else gets a raise).

But, they do allow you to purchase a pin or keychain, if you so desire.

You know, there are so many things I could say that I'm just dumbstruck and I'm not going to say anything at all. What can you say? It's just sad. It's beyond sad. It's cheesey. It's one of those, if I don't laugh, I'll cry.

Anyway.

Yesterday the mobile vet came and checked out the cats. I was hoping they'd find something wrong with Grace to explain the "inappropriate elimination" problem (i.e. pooping in the living room). So far nothing yet, but they're still running some blood tests. They actually had to give her an anasthetic to be able to take samples. They did discover that she's got this feline hyperesthesia problem, which explains why she freaks out when someone pets near her tail. I always knew she was psycho cat, now this proves it. The only thing I could find online was to try and change to a more natural diet (already have) and to try anti-stress medication. The vet gave me some kitty drugs, but I haven't gotten her to take one yet. She wouldn't eat one mixed in with her food, darn her. So I'll have to try the shove it down your throat until you swallow it and stress you out even more approach.

Happily, this morning there were no accidents awaiting us. I'm crossing my fingers for this evening.

I still can't get over that letter thing. That's just amazing. Why do I work here again? Oh yeah, the paycheck...

No comments: