Monday, October 11, 2004

Starting Today

Starting today, I'm going to try and keep a regular blog. I used to write every day in a journal, and then for a while online at OpenDiary (is that site even still around? I don't know.) I've been working on my "real" writing fairly regularly now, but I think I need something that's just there, where I can brain dump periodically and not worry about anything.

A place where I can just write about the general crap that annoys me.

Like today. They moved us (they, the ubiquitous they, the all-knowing, all-powerful, screw you as many ways as they can they) from one building to another this past weekend. I'm a manager, but a low level one, and I had my own office before. Now, I still have my "own" office, but they are making me keep an additional desk in here that I'm not supposed to touch or use. No one is going to sit at it, I just have to keep it there.

That's just so stupid. Just one more way for the company to put you down. And put us down they do...20% layoffs this year. I know, I know, I've heard the line so many times: "Just be glad you have a job." but you know what, I'm not just glad that I have a job. Work is a high % of your life and it should not make you miserable. Especially when there's no reason for them to try to make you miserable.

And someone also stole my plant. I'm very annoyed at that. It was in a Pat O'Brien's hurricane glass that I'd picked up in New Orleans years ago. Why would they steal my plant? It wasn't even a very nice or very large plant, but it was mine. Anyway, screw it. I'll vent more later. Have to keep unpacking. See if there's anything else they stole. They, they, they, damn them.

No comments: