Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Must stop eating soup

Since I manage to burn my tongue every single time I've eaten it lately. And, I didn't have a spoon in my desk, so I had to buy something (a brownie, which I don't need at all) so I could legally procure a spoon from the cafeteria downstairs.

At least I had a long workout this morning. 40 minutes on the treadmill. It was my first time using the treadmill in a long time. The Arc Trainer is much, much easier on you. I was so red that Alexander, the trainer guy, was asking when I was going to get off of it (as in, Good Lord, get off, you're going to have a heart attack). Tony called me his little beet.

I got some of my pottery back glazed last night in class. Yay! They came out better than I thought they would. I brought one piece into work to use as a candy dish. I really don't understand how people make things a uniform size and shape. At this point, I'm just trying to get them to not be a lump of clay. I really was pleasantly surprised though.

I think I'll take the class again next session. I think Pam is going to take it too, even though she's in a constant state of AGH. It will be good for her to get out of the house anyway.

Yesterday I did send off the query/article to Tampa Bay Metro. Haven't heard anything back yet. *sigh* But, on a bright note, Richard had another article assignment for me that's due in two weeks. Gotta get crackin' on that one. At least I'll have something good to report in my writing group on Saturday...

The bad thing is, all I want to do is sleep. I'm so tired all the time anymore. Getting up at 5:30 AM is for the birds. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get to sleep around 9, but that's just not happening. I didn't even get back from pottery class last night until 10 PM.

I got a few more things crossed off my list too...I found a bunch of job postings for Pedro and e-mailed them to him, cancelled the appraiser guy, and figured out when my appointment with Sharlene is (Oct 27). So I'm making progress.

No comments: