Thursday, May 05, 2005

General Stupidity & Randomness

According to the spam I get in my Yahoo account (literally hundreds a day), about an equal number of Christians are looking for dates as there are those in search of, er, enlargement (either the male enhancement type or the female "bigger is better" type). Of course, they could be partly the same group of people.

I have no idea who writes these spam emails, but they definitely have one track minds. And bad spelling practices. I don't know how they decide who gets which e-mails either. I also get a ton of the South African money scam ones, and Tony has never, ever gotten one. I don't know how that is possible. Those have been going on for over 20 years, orginally as letters. How people get suckered into believing that some relative of a former ruling member of whatever country needs them to smuggle out millions of dollars is beyond me. Tony doesn't get the raunchy cheerleader ones either, and I'm sure he'd be far more receptive to those than I am.

Anyway, on to general stupidity. Last night that was me. I didn't turn on the light when I was going down the basement stairs and somehow managed to miss the last three steps. I wound up scraping my foot up and landing on my already much abused tailbone, so I'm feeling quite crippled.

My goal today is to get enough of the desk cleared off so that I can actually do some writing. Wait, you say, aren't you writing right now? Hmm, well, yeah. But under a handicap of piles of stuff and a cat that thinks mousepads are cat pads. Maybe I should just suck it up.

I'm not as much of a neat freak as Tony is, but piles and piles of stuff do get on my nerves. Actually, the worst thing for me right now is the state of my books. It's grating on me. They are piled and piled and piled in no order whatsover and most books ARE NOT next to books of the same height. Yes, that's anal, but ohmigosh it really bugs me. I used to spend hours rearranging my books when I was little. I need about another 3 or 4 bookshelves. Soon.

No comments: