Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Unpacking...

I've got a lot of books. I know Tony says that all the time (usually with a slight grimace on his face), but you really realize it when you're unpacking them. Especially when you don't have enough bookshelves to unpack to. I'm triple and double stacked on every shelf right now on the 4 bookshelves we have up (5 shelves each). And I haven't even touched the old books yet that I want to have out on the 2nd floor. I don't know how I'll get organized until I have more shelves. We've got one more bookcase to put together, but it's only a two-high with a total of four shelves. I think it will just hold paperback books. A lot of them are books I need to review. I dunno how I'll ever catch up, honestly, but I'll do my best.

I caught up with everything on the web site -- got all the prize books ready to mail, used an Excel randomizer to pick the contest winners of last month's contest, checked & verified all the new submissions, posted an interview...etc. I've still got another interview to post and some emails to respond to, but they can wait until tomorrow.

No writing in the new house yet, but I've got to get some of these piles of stuff cut down before I can get to that. It's like living in a war zone. Ok, no blood, guts, or glory, but definitely mass confusion. At least we've got the desktop computer set up so I can listen to music while unpacking now. That helps. I've been on a Portishead/Market/Poe/Sixpence None the Richer/Morcheeba fix today. All girls, all the time, baby.

No comments: