Thursday, May 26, 2005

WIP Update

Well, I didn't get started until really late today (after 3, and then I got a phone call from Phyllis, so just about after 4 really) on my writing, but I got in over 1,300 words. So current stat is 6,345. That makes 43,655 to go. I need a few more days like that. Actually, I need every day like that, if I can just keep from stepping on any more hornets or falling down any more stairs.

And actually, I'm in the middle of a fairly easy scene since I know what needs to happen, so hopefully tomorrow will be a good day too.

In other writing-related news, I got the newsletter out today. I'm so random on when I get that thing done, I really should be better about it.

And ack, I almost forgot a really important thing for today...I ordered my new laptop computer so I don't have to fight with this one anymore about running out of space. A Gateway M460XL with an 80GB hardrive (!), a Pentium M Processor of 1.87 Ghz, and 512MB of RAM. Whoo-Hoo!! I'm going to use the money from the Pepe Lopez gig to pay for it. And, if I'm lucky, with that invoice and some of the others, I can prove to AT&T that yes, I really am starting a writing business, and I can get it paid for through their fund for new business ventures started by ex-employees. Double bonus, if they approve it. You never know. When I talked to them on the phone that one time, they were like "Uh, you want to like write for a living?" like it was something inconceivable to them.

No comments: