Thursday, June 30, 2005

The best laid intentions

I wrote a grand total of two sentences yesterday. It was just too hot. Too hot to think. Too hot to move. I think it was over 90 in the house. I could have kissed the air conditioner repairman guy when he finally got there.

It's a good thing I wasn't born before air conditioning existed. I would have been a complete failure. Or, I would have had to be very rich so I could have two guys in loincloths following me around with big palm frond fans everywhere I went.

Doing a bit better today. I cleaned up the parlor, which really just means that I straightened up that room and dumped everything I took out of there in the office. But, I did get all the new incoming books organized. So that's something. And I cleared off the desk and set up my docking station. And updated the blog, approved some new reader reviews, added some books to the site, answered e-mails...

Rest of the day...work on novel, write at least one book review, meet hubby for a free Violent Femmes concert. I can't believe they are still together. Shoot, I can't believe they are still alive.

No comments: