Monday, June 27, 2005

Words & Ideas

There's something to be said for the benefits of napping and sleep. It seems like every time I lay down lately, I have a new idea for the book. I took a mid-afternoon nap yesterday and got up and cranked out a 1,000 words (17,002!) afterwards. This morning, I woke up and thought of a few more things and have jotted down my notes. I might sleep a little bit more though...while I can. The air conditioner is out and someone won't be out until 2 PM to fix it. It's still cool on the 1st floor, so I'm camped out in the parlor, but that won't be for long.

There's always a fly in here. I thought they only lived for a day or something so either this is the world's longest lived fly, or the fourth pinch hitter. I'm not sure which. He's annoying, but too big to squash, at least for me. I'm not a fan of bug guts.

No comments: