Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Channeling DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

In the continuing saga of "what could possibly go wrong with Kim next," I woke up this morning with a wicked rash on my leg. No idea why. Just another thing. Wicked itchy. And, of course, it immediately made me think of the Fresh Prince (Will Smith before he went and got all movie star) and DJ Jazzy Jeff's song You Saw My Blinker B---ch. It's a funnier song than the title would have you believe and there's a bit that goes:

takin' my girl to Palm Springs for the night
I was hoping I could find a short cut
I was tired plus I had a rash on my butt

So of course I've had that song stuck in my doped up head all day long. I truly am a child of the 80's, I suppose. Or maybe its the meds. Who knows.

In good writing news, one of the authors I recently interviewed offered to intro me to his agent. Very nice and much appreciated. I told him I'd take him up on it once my book was done. Now, if I could stay awake long enough to write...

My plan is to make tomorrow a writing day. We'll see how far that gets before I'm out like a light and snoring the day away. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And keep them double crossed that anything I actually do write makes sense. I'm not holding out a lot of hope there. A pox on pain killers.

No comments: