Friday, January 20, 2006

Hmmmm

I have a dilemma. I gave all my old Sims stuff (version 1) to my niece and nephew and I was on the phone with my sister Lisa tonight as they were installing it and beginning to play. Ryan, of course, asked for some cheat codes. So I gave him the $$ one, arguably the most useful one (CTRL + SHIFT + C, then type in rosebud). He asked for some more codes (again, of course) and I did a quick internet search and e-mailed off two websites that had lists of the codes.

Then I started clicking around one of the websites I'd sent off. The guy is a plushie! Or a furry, or whatever you want to call those odd people who like to pretend they're half animal and get it on with each other. Or whatever they do. I don't really want to know. They kind of freak me out. I only know about them at all from watching one of those HBO shows late at night (and it was so freaky, I think we literally only watched part of it, looked at each other with a "uhhh" look, and turned it off). Now, I'm not a prude. And I firmly believe that people can do whatever the heck they want, as long as they aren't hurting someone else. I just really wished I'd realized what was up with this particular dude before I sent the link off to my thirteen-year-old niece.

I'm not sure what to do. If I send another e-mail saying "Don't go surfing around that guy's site!" I know exactly what they'll do. Shoot, I'd have done it too. And the "freaky" content is buried pretty well, it's not something that they'd come across easily. They'd have to click around a lot and get way away from the Sims content the guy has. So it is probably okay, but still. Urgh.

No comments: