Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Relief...sweet, sweet relief...

I passed the driver's practical test. First try. Woot! I don't think I have ever been this nervous before a test before -- EVER. For anything. Any kind of test. I do honestly hate driving in this country. It's not fun. Driving in Florida was fun. It was easy.

I was lucky that I had a nice examiner because he was kind to me. I was a bit hesitant at the roundabouts (somehow I wound up unlucky in that he took me on a route that had some I hadn't been in before, including one monster huge one with four lanes and I had no clue where I was going) but I didn't do anything too egregious.

So, phew.

I am SO glad I don't have to do that again. I could barely even sleep last night and then I was having this weird dream where I was supposed to be flying to a job interview in NYC (for what, I don't know) and Tony was flying somewhere else with a bunch of friends and I had this stack of passports and I couldn't find the right ones and I knew I was going to be late to the plane and I didn't know where the little dude was or where his passport was and...and...and...yeah, one of those dreams. About on par with one of those horrible high school dreams where you're naked in front of everyone or you've got a final exam for a class you never attended. (And this paragraph wins for longest run on sentence ever...)

And my skin has gone crazy. I've had more pimples this week than any time since I was a teenager.

The STRESS, man.

Ack.

I am too old for this shit. Yo.

No comments: