Saturday, August 03, 2019

My Cutie Devil

So, I've been pretty busy (working on the edits for book one, which I will *hopefully* have complete by 21 August when the in-laws get here + visitors + little dude being out of school). So I haven't done a lot of watching of anything or, for that matter, going to the gym. Grrr. Waistline is definitely showing that. Anywho...

Have tried out a few new games and have a loose plan of how little dude and I might work on our own game. So this'll be my notes on one that came up when I did a search for new otome...though I wouldn't label it that myself now that I've completed one "route."

It's called My Cutie Devil. It's...so kawai that you kinda wanna throw up. I'm mostly only including it here so I remember and don't ever download this again. I mean, don't get me wrong. It's adorable. But it's not much of a game. Similar to Jimi-Kare: My Quiet Boyfriend and In Search of Haru, you have to do a lot of clicking/"caring" for your wee little charge. In this case, a chibi-ish little tiny boy/thing that you find (?). Weirdly, the game is really from the POV of the boy, who is totally clueless about who he is, what he is, and who you are. It starts off with the poor little guy naked and in diapers. You have to click stuff to "level up" and then click even more stuff. It had said in the description that "your choices change the outcome" but...THERE'S ONLY ONE FREAKING DECISION POINT and it's a completely random thing where you choose a shape.

I chose a heart. And wound up with a little wee angel. There's really no story to speak of and no answers / resolution. The translation is somewhat iffy. Once you have an end result, it shuffles you right back to the beginning to start over. So...I dunno. Is this the modern day tamagotchi equivalent? Is this targeted towards 8 year olds? ...though the content would make that a bit suspect.

Anyway, not for me. It just seemed very pointless. Graphics were cute. That's about the only plus I could think of. But it's not engaging gameplay on any level. It's just mindless clicking. I'm amazed I managed to finish a "route" but I know why I did...I kept thinking, this can't be it, can it?

No comments: