Thursday, May 27, 2021

My Shy Boss

Er, so. I thought I'd try something romantic and light and I'd seen this one recommended a bunch of times: My Shy Boss (aka My Introverted Boss). But...ah...the literal first scene in the show is of some woman committing suicide by walking off a building and landing on a car. Boom. Blood. Dead. WTF?

To be fair, the rest of the show was on the fluffy side, though the actions of the female lead in particular weren't making sense until the end (when you find out she thinks the male lead was responsible for the suicide of her sister, the roof jumper and the whole reason she came to work for the company was to find evidence against him).

The dude in question is painfully shy and has some severe social anxiety. Which is what I'd thought the show was about -- some perky female lead drawing her boss out of his shell and Huzzah! love ensues. Which is, I guess, what will happen...after a bunch of drama about did he or did he not have some responsibility in her sister's death...so, yeah. 

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to keep on with it right now. Maybe I'll ask on Reddit whether or not the whole "did you kill my sister thing" drags on for a lot of episodes or not -- if it doesn't, then, okay, I'll see. But if it goes on for a goodly portion of the show, meh. 

Also wasn't immediately in love with either of the lead actors. Not that they were bad, but neither lit any kind of spark of interest either. Slightly more interested in the male protagonist, but he's in such a state of cringe that you mostly feel sorry for him. But the female character is...I dunno...a little annoying? It's hard to even put my finger on why. 

It also looks like the story is set up to have a lover's triangle with shy boss' co-CEO and best friend wherein said best friend may be back-stabby. That might not be the case, but signs were definitely there.

I feel like I'm talking myself out of watching any more of this one. Maybe I'll give it one more episode to see or try to find a not-too-spoiler-y review.

Hrrrhhhmmmm. Found this review. Which is not making me re-think my meh-ness feeling about this show. So maybe this'll go to the "maybe I'll go back to this someday" list.

No comments: