Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Tomo-chan is a Girl!

Little dude and I watched another light anime called Tomo-chan is a Girl and we both enjoyed it. 


Two childhood friends run into weirdness when puberty and feelings hit. Tomo is a tomboy and, indeed, her best friend didn't even realise she was a girl for a long time when they were young. It's cute, low angst, and the side characters are generally funny. 

It's not a deep show by any means and there are others that probably do this particular bit better, but we definitely enjoyed it. I don't think it would be a re-watch candidate (which I am also realising because, as I type this up, I don't particularly feel like re-hashing any of it and I also can't think of any particular stand out bits -- except maybe for the weird deadpan blonde girl who I originally thought I would hate but actually loved because she's just. so. darn. weird.). 

It has all the standard bits -- a visit to the beach with bikinis, misplaced jealousy, misunderstandings, etc. 

Am I glad I watched it? Yes, we had fun watching it together. And, hey, that's enough.

Edit: Interesting aside, little dude wanted to start collecting this one in manga form, which I was surprised at. So he has the first volume now (it's a 4 panel). I liked it, though I didn't personally like it enough to grab the books too, so the fact that he did I find very interesting. Glad he liked it! It really is charming and silly.

No comments: