Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.
1. life as an urban princess
2. the stories of a girl
3. Write on Right Now!
4. One Over-Caffeinated Mom
Next: select new friends to add to the pollen count. (Obviously no one is obligated to participate).
Then add your memories.
Five things I miss from my childhood:
- My mother's eggrolls. No Chinese restaurant has anything that remotely compares to them.
- Going to the library once a month and taking home grocery bags full of books. Love the smell of a library and the absolute joy of wandering the stacks and discovering old friends like Pippi Longstocking or Mary Poppins (the real one, not the Disneyfied version).
- Walking by myself in the national forest that was right outside our house and trying to practice walking like an indian (not very successfully, I'm afraid).
- Peeling paint off of my bedroom door. This sounds really weird, but I had a door that had been painted white. It was kind of a pukey green underneath. Anyway, one day I noticed that a bit of it was peeling off. So I pulled it off. That led to more and more peeling until the door was a real patchwork of green and white. Kind of abstract art. I'd pull a little bit more off every day. It was relaxing in a weird kind of way, and I couldn't resist it any more than when you have to pull a scab off a skinned knee. Boy, was mom steamed when she finally discovered it.
- Being able to read in a moving car. Used to do it all the time. It makes me car sick now.