Friday, February 10, 2006

Ah, well

Well, I heard back from one agent with an encouraging rejection (be that there is such a thing):
This is so much fun and I am crushed not to sign it up. We did a little research on teen vampire books (which I'm happy to share, though I imagine you have quite a sense of the market) and I'm afraid the consensus is that there are just too many out there or coming soon. I don't feel confident enough to lead you into a crowded market. I wish you all the best of luck with this and won't be a bit surprised to read about the sale of THIS BITES. If you ever write another teen novel, I hope you'll consider us again.
It is my big fear, actually. There are just a slew of vampire stories out there. Ah, well. Sending it off into the ether again and starting work on my next book (Abigail Adams, Queen of the Fairies). That's just the tentative title, of course.

No comments: