Monday, February 20, 2006

Back again, and again and again

Listening: One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (House Rent Blues) by George Thorougood
Writing: Abigail v. Camilla?

Having a small conundrum. Which thing do I work on next? Abigail or Camilla? MG fantasy or YA general fic? (And, of course, Serious McElvoy keeps popping up in my head, but I've got to silence him for right now. Don't really have any plot planned out there. Need to at least go with a book that I generally know what's going to happen in)

The Camilla piece (as yet untitled) is likely the most marketable and is (arguably) going to be easier to write. But poor Abigail has been sitting on the shelf for so long. Agh. Her story has changed so many times, but I've finally settled on the big points, so she doesn't have to wait any more...but she probably should.

Neither have a bit of a thing to do with vampires. Sigh.

Yesterday, I got an email from yet another new author whose new vampire book was just bought. That makes a total of, let's see...5 recent releases/newly picked up books (High School Bites, Boys that Bite, Eighth Grade Bites, braced2Bite, and one other one I can't think of the name of) that share a bit of a name with mine and some small plot points. Yah, yah, the market is flooded. I swear, I'm changing the name of mine. That's probably not enough to save it from bad timing though. I'll probably just sit on it for a few years and refresh the cultural references and try it out again, unless the agent it is out with now is interested. Bad timing. Heh. Incredibly bad timing.

Okay, going to work on my next vampire-less book now.

No comments: