Friday, February 24, 2006

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits

I'm really, really, really starting to hate college students. They start their partying on Thursday at UofL (what, they don't have classes on Friday? I don't know.), which means, invariably, drunk students stumbling home at all hours of the night. Some nights it isn't too bad. Tonight has been a real active night, including one poor fellow (hear that with sarcasm, please) being cajoled along to his house (which ish thataway...right?) a foot at a time. Holy moley sweet pete! He was like 5' 1", even I could have carried him there!

Sigh.

I love the old houses here in Old Louisville, but I hate the inconsiderate college students. And before anyone wants to yammer on about, "oh, you did it too," let me just tell you that no, I did not. I hammered my way through college in 3 years. I hated beer and I never did much partying. And even if I had, I was w-a-y more polite than these kids. I didn't yell around the dorms at 3 AM and I certainly wouldn't have done it in a residential neighborhood.

Yeah, yeah, get off my high and mighty horse.

Still, I'm wondering if there's such a thing as a noise activated sprinkler system...

No comments: